Lili Walser Jul 22, 2011 21:13:11 GMT -5
Post by Lili Walser on Jul 22, 2011 21:13:11 GMT -5
!L I L I - W A L S E R¡
° N-ame || Lili Walser
° A-liases || Lils (though only a rare, select few call her that)
° A-ge || 17
° G-ender || Female
° F-amily || No immediate blood-relatives living. Maternal cousins, Gilbert and Ludwig Beilschmidt.
° S-ight || Yes
° E-ye color || Green
° H-air color || Blonde
° H-eight || 5’1”
° W-eight || 110 lbs
° S-kin tone || Fair
° D-efining features || None
° A-dditional features || She prefers to always dress nicely, and properly for her station. She’ll wear bright colors far more often than darker ones, as she feels they fit her better. A ribbon is always tied into her hair on the right.
° J-ob || None
° R-ank || Noble
° R-eason for current profession || She is a noblewoman. She has family money, and a lot of it. Also, it would not be proper for her to work.
° H-ome town || Granor
° B-irth town || Granor
° P-ersonality || Lili is a quiet girl, more apt to blush and fall completely silent than to enter a conversation – especially if there are more than one or two others present. She is known to speak up if an issue she firmly believes in is presented, however, and has no problem making her opinions known in that case. She is extremely innocent, almost to the point of painfully so; thus, she tends to completely miss all but the most direct comments or innuendos, something that she is both grateful for and ashamed of. You’ll never get her to admit it, however.
She’s rather more of a loner than a social butterfly, preferring the company of her pet to people. However, if someone gets past her shy exterior, they’ll find a warm and caring friend, one who is apt to put a friend’s happiness before her own. She tends to rely more on the advice of those she considers friends more than she’d like, as she knows she is not well-traveled and world-wise. For the big decisions, however, if they do not coincide with her own personal views, she will go with whatever she thinks is right, and forget any advice to the contrary.
She is a giving sort of person, always ready to help those less fortunate than herself. As such, she often gives money to charities, or to those she happens to see on the streets in need of food or clothing. She sees no reason to have wealth if she cannot assist the needy: in her (oh so timid) opinion, one she never voices aloud, the army has plenty of money to do whatever it is they need to do. Oh, granted, she’ll pay their taxes, and no complaint. She wouldn’t want her protection to be revoked, after all, or to gather trouble where none need arise.
° L-ikes ||
• Flowers, of any sort. She especially enjoys roses and lilies, as they smell sweet.
• Embroidery. It is something she can do that is productive, looks pretty, and passes the time.
• Cute things. It’s really a weakness of hers. Some have commented that she’d be led astray very easily if someone had a baby animal.
• The idea of romance. She’s been described as something of a hopeless romantic. Hopeless, because being a noble, a marriage for love is less likely than she’d care to admit.
• Being treated as an equal.
° D-islikes ||
• Snakes. The slithery kind, or the lying kind that blend into society.
• People speaking to her condescendingly.
• Needless roughness or violence. Violence at all scares her, though it’s rare for her to admit this; she isn’t very strong physically, and feels as though she couldn’t defend herself.
• Flashy jewelry. Strange, as she is a noble, but she prefers the understated and elegant to the flashy and over extravagant.
• People mistreating those that are at a lower station than they. She sees no reason to inflict more suffering upon those who are already suffering enough.
° F-ears ||
• Being lost, either among crowds or in the wilderness. It is a strange fear, but one she has had since childhood.
• An arranged marriage with someone she couldn’t stand.
• A change in the order of the world.
° L-esser known facts ||
• If she could, she would get training in medicine and nursing.
• She has the Sight, though tells no one. If one were to look at her embroidered pictures, however, they could see traces of faeries throughout the garden scenes. Knowing that such creatures exist allow her to keep her own hopes and dreams alive.
• She always carries a locket with her parents’ image in it. Additionally, the cameo choker she’ll sometimes wear is a portrait of her mother.
° G-oals ||
• To open a hospice for the injured or ill, one that won’t turn people away because of their station in life or inability to pay.
• Marry for love, not money or family standings.
• See the world at peace, just once.
° H-istory ||
Lili was born to Lieutenant James Walser and Lenora Walser nee Beilschmidt in Granor on a warm summer morning. It was soon discovered that Lenora could not have another child due to unforeseen complications in Lili’s birth. Thus, her parents doted upon her, and yet made it clear that she was the sole heir to their fortune, and as such would need to follow their instructions to the letter. They wanted her to move within society, become well known and well liked, so that she could marry into a good family and advance the family name. Unfortunately, Lili was too shy to do well at many of the larger functions. They never said it, but Lili was quite certain that she was disappointing them, and consequently tried to do better, especially at military functions.
Of course, as the only daughter of a military man, she was given the best schooling that money could buy; she learned the classic languages, how to read and write, how to dance, and how to comport herself properly as a high-ranking member of society. Her dance instructor was the only teacher she even remotely liked, though she would never show otherwise.
She was fond of her cousins, Ludwig and Gilbert, growing up and tended to follow them around whenever they would let her. To this day, she still tends to go to them for advice, or just to have a cup of tea, if they’ve got the time to visit with her. (And sometimes, even if they don’t.)
Really, Lili led a charmed life until she turned fifteen. Then, quite unexpectedly, her parents were both taken from her when a bomb went off near the hotel where they were vacationing. Lili had stayed home, as she had had a slight fever the day before, and did not want to be away from her comforts if she were to catch cold. She was later told that it was an act of terrorism by the Ruthians, and that the military was, of course, already doing all they could to stop them. That did not make the pain any less great. For nearly a week, Lili did not speak. Even now, the topic of the Ruthians tends to cause her to quietly leave the room to find a secluded place. They are the reason she cannot stand senseless violence, moreso than any other. She has slowly started to allow herself more time to pursue her own dreams, though each time she does something she feels is remotely against her parents’ wishes, she feels guilty and oftentimes has to be reassured that she can make her own decisions.
° R-oleplay example || (From a private AU roleplay.)
The Zwingli siblings had planned a trip to Italy for nearly a year now. Well, not quite – it just felt that long to Lili as she’d needed to convince Vash to spend the money. But he’d acquiesced, as she’d known he would, when she continued to plead with him. He needed the time away, too – he worked too hard. She’d convinced him to take a month, and had supplied him with a list of things that he ought to bring, and things he ought to leave behind. (“No, Bruder, you don’t need to bring your guns. Any of them. Besides, you can’t get them through the airports.”)
They’d been here close to three days, and had both adjusted to the change in time zone relatively well. All right, she was still tired, but when he’d offered to take her shopping, how could she say no? Her brother was actually willing to spend money. And shopping in Italy! It was something she’d remember forever.
Sometime in their wanderings, however, it had started to rain. And then pour. And they’d gotten separated in the pops and whooshes of umbrellas opening and jackets being pulled on and the sudden rush of people. She stood where she’d finally been able to make her way to the side of the crowd, hands clasped in front of her, bright green eyes darting from face to face. None were her brother. “Vash?” She called softly, and then slightly louder, “Big bruder?” No answer. And she was drenched. But she didn’t know the way back to the hotel, and didn’t have a key at any rate, nor did she have her phone. Hers was in his pocket, along with his phone, and her wallet, because he trusted his abilities to keep them from pickpockets better than hers.
Firmly forbidding herself to cry did no good. One tear slid down her cheek, then another, mingling with the rain. It was silly, she knew, but she was scared – scared, and drenched, and all alone in Italy, with no way to reach her brother. What was he going to say?
° U-sername || LiliBlume
° A-ge || 23
° T-ime zone || EST, GMT -5:00
°W-hat is the secret word from the Rules? || Roses.